Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Sweet Recipe to Start the New Year!

A friend shared this yummy recipe with me. I made it several times this Christmas and everyone wanted the recipe. I thought I would share it with all of my lovely ladies!

 Smores Cups

7 whole graham crackers (1 cup finely crushed)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tbsp butter, melted
4 bars milk chocolate candy, divided
12 large marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Place graham crackers into a large resealable plastic bag. Finely crush into crumbs. Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter in small bowl. Spoon one tablespoon of crumb mixture in each cup of a mini cupcake pan. Press crumbs with spoon or fingers to form shallow cups. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling. Meanwhile, break two of the candy bars into rectangles. Remove pan from oven; place one rectangle into each cup.
Cut marshmallows in half crosswise using kitchen shears dipped in cold water. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.
Break remaining candy bars and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute - 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand 40 minutes-1 hour or until set.
Enjoy!!!

Pampered Chef recipe

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.



6 comments:

  1. look at all the gooey goodness! Thank you for sharing this with all of you sweet one!
    So Thrilled to see you back! :)
    God is Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Keren it's so good to be back! I am thrilled to see you and Andrea on here! I'm afraid I lost a lot of followers when I stopped blogging. Love my sweet girls ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy I'm sure my grandchildren will enjoy it. Can't wait to make them...You have a lovely blog found you from Julie Ric Rac and Polka dots blog..with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments about my blog and recipe Janice! Oh it is very yummy, everyone who has tried it loved it..... I hope ya'll enjoy it and thank you for telling me how you found me! I just love Julie she is a sweetie ♥ God bless, Jennifer

      Delete
  4. My friend made these and they were amazing. I plan on trying them myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are wonderful you will enjoy making them! Thank you so much for stopping by Shenita!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! God bless you and yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...