Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Welcome Spring!

It's good to be back blogging again. I'm sorry I have been away for a while but I needed to take some time off. I have been very busy with the baking business, getting my vegetable garden going and the Sugar Pink Boutique business.


Spring is a busy time for me because I love gardening so I spend a lot of time outside. Every year we plant trees, bushes, flowers, vegetables and fruits. We plant just a little each year because it's a lot of work and money but someday we will have our dream yard. We have been working on it since we built our house in 2005.




I have been getting out a bit more too I usually am a homebody and so is my husband. We love quiet days and evenings at home together there is so much to do here so why leave. However we are realizing we need to spend more time with family and friends and enjoy life outside of our own little haven we created.



Since I have been getting out more I did a little Easter shopping. I'm not a huge shopper like I was in my younger days in fact I hardly ever go to the stores. However I LOVE to shop at Easter time because that is when I find my pastel colors everywhere!


 I found a beautiful frou frou wreath with pink feathers and pastel eggs at Michaels. I hung this beauty up in my studio.


 I also found this adorable bunny, berry wreath and pale blue ceramic plate at Kirklands so I put them all together and made a cute decoration for my studio.

 
A dear friend of mine Julie from Pieceful Bits made this adorable bunny glitter cottage for her shop. Of course I had to purchase it for my glitter cottage village.



I have been looking everywhere for a spring wreath for our front door. It's so hard to find a nice one nowadays they are either too small or have gaudy flowers on them. They use to be so easy to find back in the day anyway I ended up making my own and it was less expensive too. Now our entrance is ready for spring!

 
 
Okay I think I talked your ear off I hope you all have a wonderful day in Jesus and if I don't blog before Easter have a Happy Easter!! Hugs, Jennifer





19 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos! Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much precious Kim! Love you too sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath and your doorway look just beautiful!
    I agree that it can be tempting to stay inside our little "havens" that we create, rather than venture out as much as we maybe should. Usually when we venture out though...it ends up being well worth it!
    Have a great evening,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pink you found - makes me want to run out and buy some :) Your plants and flowers are really gorgeous - so is your house!!! As pretty as I've ever seen, it is! Love the picture of your and your hubs, too - so glad to "meet" you today :) Happy Easter to you. Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, you have one of the prettiest blogs I have ever seen. You sure are very busy. I love all the flowers and all those pastel colors, the wreath is gorgeous. I am new at scrapping and i recently did aproject to hold markers, come check it out. I am your newest follower, Please follow me too. Hugs and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right Erica thank you for saying that and thank you for your sweet comments! I hope you have a blessed Easter! Hugs, Jennifer ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Mary you're such a dear friend! Your comments made me happy God bless you sweetie and Happy Easter! Hugs, Jennifer ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Evethmoon for your sweet comments they mean so much to me! I will go take a peek at your blog and follow you back! I can't wait to see your post on marker holders I love organization ideas! God bless you and big hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Flowers
    Gorgeous YOU
    Gorgeous Wreaths
    and a Gorgeous Home!
    your just surrounded by gorgeousness aren't you my love!
    But most important you have a gorgeous Heart!!
    Love you to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Keren you're such a sweet and dear friend and always brighten my day with your loving words!! I think the world of you honey! God bless you love and hugs, Jennifer ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet your blog.
    God bless you love and hugs
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jennifer! How many things beautiful and delicate ...
    This all gives a sense of great peace, loved it!
    hugs
    Luciana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Daniela God bless and hugs to you too, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Thank you so much Luciana that is so sweet of you to say! Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww bless your heat Michelle thank you so much for saying that(blush)! Big hugs to you, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Jennifer

    I love all those lovely colors. They are happy colors. It's been a while hope all is well. Have a great weekend.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! God bless you and yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...