Monday, December 5, 2011

Our Family Christmas Tree


When I worked for an interior designer I learned how to decorate a Christmas tree professionally. You know the picture perfect trees with a theme and all matching ornaments and beautiful color schemes. Well it was fun and they turned out gorgeous but to me there is nothing like decorating a Christmas tree with handmade ornaments. The ornaments that my sister and I made in kindergarten or the ornaments my parents had when they were first married. Ornaments given to us as gifts through the years from our great grandparents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors teachers and friends. The ornaments may not match but these are the Christmas trees that hold a lot of meaning and show the love of family not the perfect commercial looking trees with all of the matching ornaments.


People say our home looks like a model home which means so much to me because I do a lot of decorating and try to make things just so and coordinate. However in our house we always reserve a corner in our study for our family Christmas tree that is not perfect and does not coordinate but is filled with love and memories. Merry Christmas and God bless you all!



12 comments:

  1. Oh so PRETTY!!!! It's so funny I my mind is programmed to recognize you by all your SUGARY goodness so when I saw the Warm colors I thought whose house is this... LOL!!! And yes there is something so very endearing about Handmade Ornaments and Special memories upon a Christmas tree!!! Have a VERY blessed week my freind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks so pretty! I really agree with you about decorating too. I never stick to theme or colour when decorating out tree because our tree is covered with hand-made ornaments and ornaments that we have collected over the years on our travels.

    I am hosting a 12 Days of Christmas series on my Christmas blog and if you have 5 minutes to spare I would be so thrilled if you could pop by and link up this wonderful post to my Christmas Tree post!

    Best Christmas wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so funny thank you so much my friend!!!!! I know it's shocking isn't it? Our old house was decorated in shabby chic with pastel colors and creams and when we built this one I said I wanted something traditional with warm fall colors like the Biltmore Estate. So all of the colors for our new home are from the Biltmore Estate line at Lowes. However my studio is shabby chic all the way baby!! Have a VERY blessed week too sweets and thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Natasha you're so sweet I'm glad you feel the same way! I will be honored to link up to your 12 days of Christmas series! Thank you you for inviting me I LOVE Christmas it's my favorite time of the year and always go all out. You're blog is one of my very favorites! Good bless you and Merry Christmas, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything is simply gorgeous my friend!!!! the fire place is amazing! love love love it all!!! sending you tons of hugs and much love! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have learnt well. It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing, and what a beautiful place you have here. I will follow on my way out so I know my path back to your door. I am sure I will spend a lot of time looking around. I hope you will find the time to come by my place for a visit and follow if you will. Take care. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Andrea you're such a sweetie and always put a smile on my face! Love you girlfriend, Jennifer xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Special K for following my blog and for your sweet comments!! I'm following your blog now too it's just gorgeous! Merry Christmas Cheers, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, so absolutely gorgeous - both the tree (love those meaningful ornaments, too!) and the mantel - so so so pretty!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mother always taught us to decorated with homemade too. We would always get an ornament from a place or town we visited to have us remember our trip when we put it on the tree. I love your tree, it actually does look picture perfect anyway! xoxo Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish my Christmas tree was as beautiful as your families.

    -Zane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Zane you are so sweet! I bet yours is beautiful too! God bless you and Happy New Year, Jennifer ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! God bless you and yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...