Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Our Wedding Anniversary

My husband and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary yesterday! We love each other more today than the day we were married and we didn't even know that was possible. He took the day off so we could spend the whole day together and then we went out for a romantic dinner.

I love traditional things so naturally I chose a traditional wedding gown. I picked one that had the longest train in North East Florida with a Queen Anne neckline. I felt like a princess that day!

My beautiful sisters Jean and Naomi. I'm so blessed to have sisters they are the best!

My Dad's on the far left and those are all of his siblings except for one of his sisters who couldn't make it to our wedding.

My precious parents, they were so happy Scott and I were getting married.

We were married in his grandparents church where they were married many years ago. Our church that we go to is a little country church and couldn't hold many people. One hundred and sixty people came that day it was the best day of our lives!


Scott shocked me by taking my garter off with his teeth! I'm a prim and proper sort of gal and don't like to attract a lot of attention. Everyone laughed so loud when they saw my facial expression.

Our first dance as a married couple. I remember not seeing anyone it was like we were totally alone just us in the moment. Happy Anniversary my love..... and we lived happily ever after!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! The look on your face in that garter shot was priceless!
    You are beautiful my dear and your gown was scrumptious!
    Happy anniversary!
    Hang on! It just gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a beautiful day you had together! Here's to many many many more wonderful years together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SO nice!! ~~ The facial expression is pretty funny with the garder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY Anniversary my dear and fabulous friend! What a GORGEOUS BRIDE!!!!! thank you so much for sharing with us!!!! I wish you and Scott all that is good in the world and about 101 more years of blissful marriage!!!! tons of hugs and love...me and mine!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you so much Holly!! You know how to make a girl blush!! I showed my husband the garter photo on our anniversary and he said "I can't believe I did that!" I said "Neither could I as you can see!" I love your words "Hang on! It just gets better!" That is music to my ears! Thank you sweetie! Big hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Lindy for your sweet comments! Yes it's a pretty funny photo I just had to include it in my post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww thank you so much Connie you're a sweetie!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well bless your heart thank you Andrea!! That means so much to me! I don't share many personal things just business. I'm trying to get out of my shyness and share a bit about me and what is going on in my life. Thank you for saying I was a beautiful bride I "Blush"! Hee Hee! Here's to 101 more years!! Tons of hugs and love to you and yours my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. I loved the pictures. I also just celebrated an anniversary, our 13th. You looked so beautiful and happy. thanks for sharing those pictures. I also wanted to let you know that I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your new graphics and put your new button up in place of the older one! So cute!!
    Have a great day!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Ric Rac and Polka Dots you're a sweetie! Happy Anniversary to you too that's great news!!!

    I'm so glad you like my new look Keren did a beautiful job! Thank you so much for posting my new button too! I just love yours it's absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe I missed this post!! Congratulations to you guys!!! Wow, look at you Jennifer, you are Grace Kelly and Rita Hayworth all rolled up into one beautiful doll!!! and your dress is stunning, I love the train!!! It warms my heart to know how happy and in love you guys are and I know it gets better and better every year for you - God bless you so much!! ...and I love your face in the garter pic, priceless!!!! you two are adorable!
    Big hugs!!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness thank you so much Jen!! You made me so happy saying all of those sweet things! You are a dear friend! God bless you and big hugs xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! God bless you and yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...