Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Belle!

Today is our little Belle's birthday she just turned five today! Here is the story of how the Lord brought her into our lives. My husband and I were coming home from work one day and little Belle was crossing a major highway with traffic everywhere. My husband did a quick u-turn and got out of the car squatted in the median and prayed. He said "Come here girl." Belle was running right to him praise the Lord! I got out and was waiting for him to hand her to me so we could get in the car.

You know it always amazes me when people see an animal trying to cross the road and they do nothing to help them, just drive by like it's not their concern. It is a life: it breaths, it has a heartbeat, and it needs to be saved and protected just like a human life.

You could tell Belle had puppies recently but we could not find the puppies and drove around with the windows down hoping she would sniff them out in some neighborhood and react to where they were. We took her to the vet the next day and determined she was 8 months old, had worms, fleas, malnourished and was lactating. We had medicine that killed the worms, we had her fixed and fed her till she fatten up, bathed her and brushed her and gave her TONS of LOVE.

She had never seen a dog toy before and we have a huge basket filled with dog toys. She would sit on my lap and watch her fur sisters play and run and squeak their toys. She didn't know what they were or what to do with them. After a couple of weeks she took a toy and sniffed it, squeaked it, then ran through the house with it. I cried. It broke my heart that she was so deprived of everything just like some children are. She now goes through the basket of toys and takes out several trying to get to the one she wants to play with.

We prayed and asked the Lord to guide us on what to do when we brought her home. We already had three large dogs and no room not to mention our neighborhood association doesn't let us have more than three dogs - not that it would stop me. The Lord put it on our hearts to keep her not foster her because she was a gift from Him. Our 17 year old German Shepherd passed away two weeks later and having little Belle helped fill the loss a little bit. We concentrated on her and helping her which got our minds off of the loss of our Bingo.

(Belle likes to gather her daddy's slippers and sleep with them in her bed, it makes her feel close to him)
Belle is an amazing dog. We don't know where she came from or her past but we have had her for four years now and I must say she is such a huge blessing in our lives. Jesus, thank you for your furry creatures that roam the earth you must have known how much joy they would bring your children.
We love you Belle happy birthday little one!


19 comments:

  1. A BIG Happy Birthday to your Sweet Belle...What a Blessing to have come across her as you did...The Lord does care for all His Creation...She is one VERY pretty girl... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Belle! Jennifer you made me cry with your sweet story!! How wonderful of you and your husband to rescue her and give her such a beautiful home filled with love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sweet story! Happy Birthday Belle!
    (we celebrate our pets birthdays too!)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! And what a sweet story! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Angelina! Yes He does God is Awesome! She's a sweet dog we love her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Kim! I'm so sorry I made you cry sweetie you have a heart like mine when it comes to animals. I was crying when I wrote it I don't like to remember how we found her it's too scary with all the what ifs. Jesus worked it all out and she is happy and loved. Thank you for your sweet words my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Elle! I will tell little Belle all of you wished her a Happy Birthday! I am so blessed to have ya'll as my sweet friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ::singing::
    Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday Dear Belle!!! Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww thank you so much Keren!!! We could hear your sweet voice singing!! Big hugs sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLE! Jennifer what a sweet story. I am so glad you where able to rescue Belle before something horrible happened. I am one of your newest followers. Your blob is precious. Hope we can visit often.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday dear Bella! I think you already have what you want for your birthday- LOVE! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Donna for you sweet comments about little Belle. I'm so glad you like my blog too. I just visited yours and it's just adorable, I added your button to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well bless your heart thank you Holly! Your comment makes me happy! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY HAPPY Birthday to dear Belle!!!!!! She is just so beautiful and oh so lucky that you were there that day and brought her to safety and then her whole world opened up and she knew what love is!!!!! hugs to you all and little belle and of course her sisters!!!! God bless you all and it is always best to opt to adopt!!! : ) take care -- hugs...love pops!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi jennifer! i don't know if my first comment posted! HAPPY HAPPY birthday do miss Belle!!!!! she sure is a beauty! God bless you for saving this precious soul and now she can live knowing safety and love! tons of hugs for everyone!!!!! take care and much love to all! pops!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope Belle had a Happy Birthday! What a touching story!
    All of our furbabies are rescues (cats).... two of them showed up in our very own yard... they are a blessing!
    :)
    ~Becca~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much Becca she did! Oh you have rescue cats that makes me so happy! God bless you for taking them into your home. We have only been able to rescue one cat and my aunt took him into her home. They are very happy together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday sweet Belle! A real miracle doggie! There is nothing like having a rescue to share your life with. They are so grateful and so very special. Thank you for sharing the wonderful story.
    Big hugs,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh thank you Holly for your sweet words you're a treasure! Big hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! God bless you and yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...